Sunday, 24 June 2012
端午节 Dragon Boat Festival
Yesterday (23.06.2012)
was Dragon Boat Festival (端午节), also known as Happy Dumpling Festival.
This festival has been celebrated in commemoration of Qu Yuan. Every time, my grandmother will tell us the story of Qu Yuan when we visited her, bringing along the dumplings my mother made.
This year is special for me as I made some dumplings on my own. But the dumplings turned out poorly wrapped. Haha. My parents laughed seeing my dumplings. At least, the dumplings tasted nice.
Dinner was great. I helped mum with the dinner preparations. This year, we had the Dumpling Festival's dinner very simple. Cooked on our own, no more restaurant dishes. And it's the first time, I had Shandy as my drink. Dessert was simple fruit salad made by me.
HAPPY DUMPLINGS FESTIVAL!!! : D
Labels:
Festival Feel
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment